Monday, April 26, 2010

So far...

As we all well know, obesity has become an epidemic. There are millions of theories floating around about causes, and so my difficulty with this project so far has been narrowing it down to three or four concrete causes. So far, I have chosen two: inactivity and fast food. I chose these two because they have the greatest amount of support behind them from many reputable sources. For example, I have read an article in the New York times about how the more commercials that an individual takes in while watching TV(and as such, being inactive) the more likely that person is to become obese. I’ve also downloaded McDonald’s nutrition facts and ingredient lists to my flash drive, and am looking forward to sorting through them. The other two causes I am leaning towards are the link between infant formula and obesity, and the fact that food now a days is mostly corn derivatives and preservatives. But like I’ve said, there are thousands of theories out there about obesities causes, so who knows what I’ll find out there…

2 comments:

  1. you should become a nutritionists. good arcticle

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never considered the whole corn connection, I feel like I been graizing in a field.

    ReplyDelete